Connect Your Bleskomat ATM to OpenNode via Bleskomat Platform
OpenNode is a custodial Lightning Network service provider based in the United States. They provide e-commerce plugins, hosted payment pages, and automated payouts to a connected bank account.
For more information see opennode.com.
Please note that identity verification is required to use OpenNode. We will not cover this in the guide but it should be straight-forward to do on the OpenNode website, should you choose to do so.
Setup OpenNode Account
In order to use OpenNode you must create an account, click on the Sign Up / Log In button in the top right corner. You’ll need to confirm your e-mail after sign-up. After confirming your e-mail you will need to provide additional information on your initial login.
Once you are in your account dashboard, click on the Wallets button on the left-hand side. To send payments you will first need to setup 2FA. Click Enable and follow the steps provided to setup 2FA with your account. You will fund the wallet later in this guide.
Now that you have your wallet ready, let’s get the connection info needed. Click on the Developers button in the left-nav. On the Developers page click the Integrations button.
In the API keys section click on Add Key, in the pop-up menu you can name your API key. Under the Permissions dropdown, make sure Withdrawals is selected. Optionally, you can add a Whitelist of IP addresses that will work with your API key. You will also need to enter a 2FA pin code. When ready, click Generate and your key will be generated. Copy your key down to use later in this guide.
Connect your Bleskomat Platform account to OpenNode
Let’s now connect your Bleskomat Platform account to your OpenNode wallet.
- Login to your Bleskomat Platform account
- For first time login:
- Find and click the “Redeem Link” in the email that you received after placing your order.
- Select “Create a new account” from the list of options in the “Action” field.
- Click the “Confirm” button.
- Complete the Account Settings step to set an email, username, and password.
- For first time login:
- Lightning Configuration
- Select “LNBits” from the list of options for “Lightning Backend Type”
- Copy/paste the API key from earlier into the “Admin Key” input field
- In the Hostname field you will either use the default if you are utilizing the public instance of LNBits, or your own URL if you are self-hosting
- Save and complete the initial account setup
- Management Interface
- Click “Devices” on the left side of the account screen
- If you don’t find any devices yet, click the “Create new device” button.
- Click the gear icon on the right side of one of the listed devices
- This will open the device’s settings page
- Note the various settings available:
- Enabled – Whether or not the Bleskomat Platform will process payments on behalf of the ATM
- Device Type – Various types of devices supported by the Bleskomat Platform:
- ATM – The full-sized product version of the Bleskomat ATM
- Do-it-yourself ATM – The DIY hardware project
- Point-of-sale – The POS terminal device
- Fiat Currency – The currency (bills and coins) which your ATM accepts. Changing this requires re-programming the bill and coin acceptors.
- Buy Limit – The maximum per trade limit for the ATM
- Exchange Rate Provider – The exchange rate API to use when fetching BTC to fiat exchange rate
- Fee Percent (%) – The percent amount deducted from the final BTC amount when sending Lightning payments –
- Fixed Fee – A fixed fee denominated in the fiat currency of the device
- Custom Invoice Memo Prefix – If set, this will replace the default invoice memo prefix – e.g. Bleskomat (absurd cake). Your ATM customers will see this in the memo field of their wallet application’s invoice.
- Press the “Save” button to save the settings, in the case that you’ve made any changes.
Configure Your Bleskomat ATM
In order for your Bleskomat ATM to create QR codes that the Bleskomat Platform will accept, you must configure it using the Hardware Configuration tool in your Platform account. This requires a USB cable and a web browser with Web Serial support – e.g. Chrome, Chromium, Brave, and Edge.
- Connect your Bleskomat ATM to your computer via USB cable
- Open the “Hardware Configuration” page in your Bleskomat Platform account
- Click the “Connect” button
The tool should automatically connect to your Bleskomat ATM. Then it will check if the device has the latest firmware installed. If not, it will ask you if you would like to update it. After firmware is updated, a few automatic checks are performed before the hardware configuration options are presented.
Once the Hardware Configuration tool is finished, you can move on to the next step.
Fund your wallet
The final step is to fund your OpenNode wallet with some sats! First you need to create a payment request, click on the Requests button in the left-nav of your OpenNode dashboard. Enter an amount in fiat that you would like to deposit, by clicking ‘Show more options’ you can add a description and select the fiat currency. When your desired amount is entered, click on the blue Request button.
This will open a new window with an invoice, click on the Lightning tab. Now you can pay this invoice with any lighting wallet and your OpenNode wallet has sats in it!
Once the Lightning invoice has been paid, you can try a test payment using your Bleskomat ATM.
Test the setup
Now let’s test the whole setup to make sure it’s working as expected.
- Insert a coin or bill into the Bleskomat ATM
- Push the button
- Open a compatible mobile wallet app
- Please see apps for a list of wallet apps which are compatible
- Scan the QR code with the mobile wallet app
- Follow the instructions in the mobile wallet app to complete the Lightning payment
You should see a Payments transaction appear in your OpenNode dashboard under the Overview, Activity and Payments screens. Congratulations, your Bleskomat ATM is now connected and ready to sell sats!