LNPay enables you to integrate the Lightning Network into your existing business.
For more information visit LNPay.co.
Please note that LNPay does have a free tier of services but this will limit you to only 500 sats per transaction, which is likely far too low to operate a Bleskomat ATM. Their next tier is the Business level which is 99 USD / month and gives you access to unlimited transaction amounts.
In order to use LNPay you must create an account, click on the Sign Up button in the top right corner to do so.
Once you are in your account dashboard, click on the Go to Wallets button under Services.
On this page click the green Create Wallet button.
At the Create Wallet page you can name your wallet anything you’d like, for the Wallet Type field, make sure Generic Wallet is selected from the dropdown. The LN Node ID field will default to the custodial node provided by LNPay which is the easiest option, however they do offer the ability to connect to your own node if you choose. When ready, click the green Save button.
You will now be at your wallet overview page, on this page click on the Access Keys button on the left panel.
Copy the Wallet Admin key, you will need this information later on.
The last step is to navigate to the Developers dashboard by clicking on the Developers button in the top navbar. Here you will want to copy the Secret API Key to be used later on in this guide. That’s it for now, your LNPay account is ready to be connected, onwards!
Connect your Bleskomat Platform account to LNPay
Let’s now connect your Bleskomat Platform account to your LNPay wallet.
- Login to your Bleskomat Platform account
- For first time login:
- Find and click the “Redeem Link” in the email that you received after placing your order.
- Select “Create a new account” from the list of options in the “Action” field.
- Click the “Confirm” button.
- Complete the Account Settings step to set an email, username, and password.
- For first time login:
- Lightning Configuration
- Select “LNPay” from the list of options for “Lightning Backend Type”
- In the API Key field paste the Secret API Key starting with “sak” that you copied earlier
- In the Wallet Key field paste the Wallet Admin Key starting with “waka” that you copied earlier
- Save and complete the initial account setup
- Management Interface
- Click “Devices” on the left side of the account screen
- If you don’t find any devices yet, click the “Create new device” button.
- Click the gear icon on the right side of one of the listed devices
- This will open the device’s settings page
- Note the various settings available:
- Enabled – Whether or not the Bleskomat Platform will process payments on behalf of the ATM
- Device Type – Various types of devices supported by the Bleskomat Platform:
- ATM – The full-sized product version of the Bleskomat ATM
- Do-it-yourself ATM – The DIY hardware project
- Point-of-sale – The POS terminal device
- Fiat Currency – The currency (bills and coins) which your ATM accepts. Changing this requires re-programming the bill and coin acceptors.
- Buy Limit – The maximum per trade limit for the ATM
- Exchange Rate Provider – The exchange rate API to use when fetching BTC to fiat exchange rate
- Fee Percent (%) – The percent amount deducted from the final BTC amount when sending Lightning payments –
- Fixed Fee – A fixed fee denominated in the fiat currency of the device
- Custom Invoice Memo Prefix – If set, this will replace the default invoice memo prefix – e.g. Bleskomat (absurd cake). Your ATM customers will see this in the memo field of their wallet application’s invoice.
- Press the “Save” button to save the settings, in the case that you’ve made any changes.
Configure Your Bleskomat ATM
In order for your Bleskomat ATM to create QR codes that the Bleskomat Platform will accept, you must configure it using the Hardware Configuration tool in your Platform account. This requires a USB cable and a web browser with Web Serial support – e.g. Chrome, Chromium, Brave, and Edge.
- Connect your Bleskomat ATM to your computer via USB cable
- Open the “Hardware Configuration” page in your Bleskomat Platform account
- Click the “Connect” button
The tool should automatically connect to your Bleskomat ATM. Then it will check if the device has the latest firmware installed. If not, it will ask you if you would like to update it. After firmware is updated, a few automatic checks are performed before the hardware configuration options are presented.
Once the Hardware Configuration tool is finished, you can move on to the next step.
Fund your wallet
The final step is to fund your LNPay wallet with some sats! You can do this by clicking on the green Receive button on your wallet page. Enter the amount of sats you would like to fund in the Num Satoshis field and you can enter comments into the Memo field. When ready click on the Generate Invoice button. You can now fund your LNPay wallet from any other lightning wallet by paying the invoice.
Once the Lightning invoice has been paid, you can try a test payment using your Bleskomat ATM.
Test the setup
Now let’s test the whole setup to make sure it’s working as expected.
- Insert a coin or bill into the Bleskomat ATM
- Push the button
- Open a compatible mobile wallet app
- Please see apps for a list of wallet apps which are compatible
- Scan the QR code with the mobile wallet app
- Follow the instructions in the mobile wallet app to complete the Lightning payment
You should see a send transaction appear in your LNPay wallet under the Transactions tab. Congratulations, your Bleskomat ATM is now connected and ready to sell sats!