Coinos is an easy-to-use and quick way to get up and running on Lightning in seconds. Their friendly user-interface is a breeze to navigate and best of all you can use coinos completely anonymously – now that’s cool.
Setting up coinos is super easy and fast. The first step is to navigate to coinos.io. You can either create your own username by clicking on “Register An Account”. Or you can choose “Use Anonymously” and a random username and password will be generated for you. If you choose the anonymous method, you should immediately change the password to something unique and secure. Whichever method you choose we recommend to enable a PIN, two-factor authentication (2FA), or both via the Setup Account page.
That’s it! You now have a custodial Lightning wallet setup and ready to use. Custodial means you do not control of the private keys or channels, which allows for ease of use but comes with trade-offs that you can research and be aware of. For storing small amounts of bitcoin this should be OK but it is important to understand the risks.
Connect your Bleskomat Platform account to coinos
Let’s now connect your Bleskomat Platform account to your coinos wallet.
- Get coinos wallet export information
- On the wallet page of coinos click on the Setup Account button
- Next click on the Auth Keys button
- The JWT Auth Token is the information you need to copy
- You will also need the ‘Your public page’ URL
- Login to your Bleskomat Platform account
- For first time login:
- Find the instructions sheet that you received with your Bleskomat ATM
- Go to p.bleskomat.com/start in your browser
- Use the login phrase from the sheet to login to your account
- Complete the Account Settings step to set an email, username, and password
- For first time login:
- Lightning Configuration
- Select “coinos” from the list of “Lightning Backend Types”
- Paste your JWT Auth Token in the required field
- In the Hostname field paste the URL from the ‘Your public page’ box on the same page you found your JWT Auth Token
- Save and complete the initial account setup
- Management Interface
- Click “Devices” on the left side of the account screen
- You will find one device listed on this page
- Click the gear icon on the right side of the listed device
- This will open the device’s settings page
- Note the various settings available:
- Enabled – Whether or not the Bleskomat Platform will process payments on behalf of the ATM
- Fiat Currency – The currency (bills and coins) which your ATM accepts. Changing this requires re-programming the bill and coin acceptors.
- Buy Limit – The maximum per trade limit for the ATM
- Exchange Rate Provider – The exchange rate API to use when fetching BTC to fiat exchange rate
- Fee % – The percent amount deducted from the final BTC amount when sending Lightning payments
Press the “Save” button to save the settings, in the case that you’ve made any changes.
- Download configuration file
- Click “Devices” on the left side of the account screen to go back to the devices page
- Click the download icon on the right side of the listed device
A file named “bleskomat.conf” should be downloaded and saved to your computer. This is your Bleskomat ATM’s configuration file. It includes the API key information which your ATM will use to create signed lnurl-withdraw QR codes. This is how the Bleskomat Platform knows that a request for payment was initiated by your ATM.
Configure your Bleskomat ATM
In order for your Bleskomat ATM to create QR codes that the Bleskomat Platform will accept, you must configure the ATM using the file that you downloaded previously.
- Un-plug your Bleskomat ATM from power
- Locate and remove the SD card from the Bleskomat ATM
- Refer to the user manual for specific instructions about how to locate the PCB and SD card
- Insert the SD card into your computer’s SD card slot
- The SD card file system should be automatically mounted
- Copy the “bleskomat.conf” file to the SD card
- Un-mount the SD card
- Remove the SD card from your computer
- Insert the SD card back into the Bleskomat ATM
- Plug-in the Bleskomat ATM to power
Fund your wallet
The final step is to fund your coinos wallet with some sats! You can do this by clicking on the “Receive” or “Receive A Payment” buttons on the main wallet page. Ensure the Lightning tab is selected on the receive page. Copy/paste the invoice or click “Show QR” to scan the invoice with a camera using a mobile Lightning wallet app.
Once the Lightning invoice has been paid, you can try a test payment using your Bleskomat ATM.
Test the setup
Now let’s test the whole setup to make sure it’s working as expected.
- Insert a coin or bill into the Bleskomat ATM
- Push the button
- Open a compatible mobile wallet app
- Please see apps for a list of wallet apps which are compatible
- Scan the QR code with the mobile wallet app
- Follow the instructions in the mobile wallet app to complete the Lightning payment
You should see a new outgoing transaction appear in your coinos wallet. Congratulations, your Bleskomat ATM is now connected and ready to sell sats!